Adopt a School
Begun in 2010, Eclipse Chamber Orchestra’s “Adopt a School” program allows students to experience the joy of music making, the value of teamwork and the individual and collective discipline needed to achieve great musical performances. ECO literally brings music to area students, allowing them to attend a working rehearsal of the orchestra in their school’s auditorium. Throughout the rehearsal, the conductor explains musical points to the student audience. During breaks, ECO musicians and students interact, heightening the collegiality of the musical experience.
Major objectives of the “Adopt a School” program include:
• Fostering the appreciation of classical music in young audiences;
• Inspiring young people to play a musical instrument;
• Providing role models for music students and encourage continuing music studies;
• Demonstrating the value of teamwork and discipline (in all fields and endeavors)
• Providing mentorship and coaching by ECO membersFounded in 1992, the Eclipse Chamber Orchestra is considered one of the country’s premiere chamber orchestras. With its membership of 23 virtuoso musicians from the National Symphony Orchestra, ECO has been hailed for its innovative programming, exceptional presentation of diverse repertoire and support of new works.